Paneer Butter Masala is a quintessential Punjabi dish. This is a perfect combination of reach creaminess and spiciness which makes it simply irresistible. In this dish, chunks of cottage cheese are cooked in an onion and tomato-based gravy, and lots of cream. This dish tastes great with anything from roti, naan, and kulcha to pulao or simple jeera rice. It appeals to each and every taste bud.
It’s a simple dish that can be easily prepared at home for any occasion. If you want to give it a try, here we have shared the recipe of Paneer Butter Masala:
- Paneer – 200 gm
- Onion – 2 whole
- Ginger-Garlic Paste -1 tbsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek leaves)-3/4 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Cashew nuts -2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Oil-1 tbsp
- Cardamom -1
- Cinnamon -1 whole
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Cloves- 2
- For Garnishing
- Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Before you start making paneer butter masala, make a paste of onion and cashew nuts. First, boil the onion in water for a few minutes and then grind it. For cashew nuts, soak them in hot water for 10 or 15 minutes before grinding them to paste.
- Now take a pan and heat 2 tablespoon butter. Add one tablespoon oil followed by cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon. Let is splutter. Add onion paste and sauté it until it turns golden brown. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for another 5 or 10 minutes.
- Now add the cashew nut paste in the mixture and fry for another 15 minutes. Now add tomato puree. Add garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Cook until it starts leaving oil.
- Now, take another pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes in 2 or 3 tablespoon oil. Fry until they become slightly brown.
- Add the fried paneer cubes into the mixture. Add ¾ cup of water, Kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Let it simmer for several minutes. Add fresh cream and mix properly.
- Transfer the paneer butter masala to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh cream before serving.
Serve hot with roti, paratha, naan or rice.
A few tips
You can also use finely chopped onions instead of onion paste. Make sure to fry the onions.
Avoid adding water until the mixture of tomato puree and the spices are properly cooked. Ensure that the raw smell of tomato is gone before you add water. You can adjust the consistency of water according to your preferred thickness of gravy.
If you do not like the taste of cream, you can avoid using it.
We hope you will enjoy this recipe. If you want to buy grocery online in Kolkata, then visit http://doorpestore.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=189 and order online.